Jason arrived home from France safely last Friday. The kids were more than excited when they saw him at the airport. Here are some of Jason's photos. Not too shabby that he could see the Eiffel Tower from where he was eating dinner!




I took Anna shopping for new shoes last week. Luckily her feet are slowing down from growing so fast so it's been awhile since we shopped for shoes which made the trip extra exciting. Of all of the shoes at Stride Rite Anna picked hot pink running shoes because they are like "Grandpa Lee's" shoes. Anna tried the shoes on and ran in place -- it was pretty funny!

Ben has had an epiphany and suddenly likes fruit and vegetables. I guess after offering them to him 1000 times he decided to give me a break =). He especially likes strawberries, peas and brussel sprouts. I'm thinking the brussel sprout thing must be hereditary b/c I love them and so does Grandpa Jim =). Even Anna the veggie queen turns her nose up to brussel sprouts!

Ben had his second hair cut today. This time went much better than the first! He didn't cry at all and didn't want to leave the salon. I think he likes his stylist Ms. Esmeralda and all of the fun things she has at her salon.

Recipe for Ben's Yummy Brussel Sprouts -- give them a try!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Wash brussel sprouts thoroughly and cut the white ends off.
Place brussel sprouts on a roasting pan/cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh black pepper.
Roast for 15 - 25 minutes; until they look a little charred and are fork tender.
Optional: sprinkle with a tad bit more kosher salt -- you'll forget you're eating brussel sprouts and think you're eating french fries =)






2 comments:
Awesome pix. Benji is once again looking exactly like Grandpa Jim. =)
I'm sorry Benji and I ate half of your brussel sprouts yesterday. It was too yummy.
Glad you guys liked the brussel sprouts =).
Post a Comment