Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fun at the Fish Hatchery

It was absolutely beautiful here today so I took the kids to the Nimbus Fish Hatchery up by Folsom since it's mostly outdoors. November is a great month to see all of the salmon. For 5 cents they give you a handful of fish food to feed the salmon and Anna had a blast doing that. We both were wet from all of the salmon jumping out of the water! Ben was happy as long as we fed him snacks as well =). There was an elementary school class there on a field trip and Anna followed the "big" kids around. When we were walking back to our car we ran into a man who was taking his lamas for a walk along the American River Trail =).







We're bringing snack to school tomorrow so Anna and I winged it and tried to come up with something entertaining for the kids using stuff we could find in our pantry and refrigerator. We made muffins again b/c the kiddos seem to like those and we tried to make happy faces out of fruit. If anyone has any fun ideas for preschool snacks let us know!


Cute pic of Benji taken yesterday =)





1 comment:

Missy said...

I have never been to a fish hatchery, what a great idea for a visit! It sounds like fun. I adore that picture with the "big kids". I know big kids are pretty impressive.

I wish I had one of those muffins right now! vitamin C and muffin, important daily nutrients!