Friday, June 5, 2009

Pretty in Pink but Better in Blue

Jason is at the finishing line from graduating from residency. Last weekend the surgery department hosted a family friendly brunch for all of the graduating surgery residents. The surgery department used to host a champagne lunch for the residents but after the "80 hour rule" started a few years back residents started to have children so the formal brunch was changed to a picnic at a park with a bouncy house =). The 80 hour rule means that residents can only work a maximum of 80 hours a week -- I guess that's supposed to be a break? I guess I can't complain about working 24 hours =).

Benji having fun with a stick at the graduation picnic

Anna with some of the residents in the background.

Anna and Ben seemed to think this tree was more exciting than the bounce house =)


After the picnic we came home and the kids made drums out of milk cartons and had a marching parade around the house. By the look on Anna's face she was serious!


We attempted to take some family photos but somebody looked miserable in each shot. Here are the best two:


Recognize this face?



I promised Jason I wouldn't do that again! He's back to himself now =)

2 comments:

Missy said...

That is a pretty interesting tree!

80 hours a week, yeesh. Truly He-Men and She-Women! Nopt to mention their patient and loving families!

Mimi said...

hahaha. I love those pictures. I thought Benji was Anna for a sec in those dress up pix. Jason's reaction must've been priceless.